Changes to APC Freight
In order to improve our service and sortation process and to minimise the issues caused by oversize freight, it has been decided that with immediate effect the following changes will apply to APC Overnight Conditions of Carriage:
The goods listed below will no longer be accepted through the network:
Filing Cabinets Pallet Deliveries Mattresses in plastic covers Bare Metal TV’s and monitors over 42” Unboxed trees Worktops & Boards Surfboards Bikes unless fully boxed Car & vehicle parts not boxed
White Goods, including, but not limited to, Washing machines, Tumble Dryers, Fridges, freezers and dishwashers.
• The excess service charge (XS) will now apply to all items over 2.05m, with no other single dimension of 30cm. This replaces all previous limits stated in our price proposals.
Weight and Volume:
• We will no longer accept any single consignment over 250kg by weight or volume through the APC network.
Please click here to see our non conveyorable freight profile
Courier Logistics offer a pallet service for any of your freight affected by the above changes. If you would like a quote or any further information please contact our sales team on 01709 369369 and select option 4.
Help and Advice
What We Can and Cannot Carry
APC Overnight carries a vast range of goods for our customers ranging
from printed products, to electronic goods and parts for specialist
engineers, and of course regular documents and small parcels. We have
particular expertise in shipping:
Click for more
- Fine wines
- Mobile phones
- Electronic components
- B2C orders from internet retailers
- Fresh food products
The following goods may be carried, but are not covered by APC Liability Cover and travel at sender’s own risk:
- Money orders
- Precious metals
- Precious stones
- Works of art
- Wines and spirits
- Plasma screens
The following items are not acceptable for carriage:
- Any item that is marked with a diamond shaped hazardous sticker
- Animals and livestock
- Any item which is illegal under UK law
Although at APC we take the utmost care of your parcels and packages,
they do have to travel through a number of different processes – our
careful handling is no substitute for adequate packaging.
We recommend that you always pack your parcels securely – the following hints may help;
Click for more
- Always use strong, good quality boxes or packaging materials
- If you are reusing boxes or packaging always remove old labels including any hazardous materials information stickers
- Always use the correct sized box for your items – if the box is too
large it could collapse and, likewise if the box is too small it could
burst during transit
- Be sensible about the weight of items that you put in a box – don’t overload boxes
- Pack items in the centre of a box with plenty of cushioning
surrounding, to stop any movement during transit – use bubble wrap,
shreds, packaging chips, even old newspapers
- Protect data storage media with appropriate cushioning and ideally wrap each item separately
- Pack smaller items in larger boxes and remember that some
attractively packaged gifts are not always suitable for shipping
directly, they will usually require separate outer packaging and
- Make sure that liquids, semi-liquids, powders or strong smelling
substances are properly sealed in leak-proof containers and further
wrapped in plastic bags and held upright in a strong box and correctly
labelled with ‘arrow up’ signs
- Always protect sharp items securely, carefully wrapping any scissors
or knives to protect them from sticking through packaging materials.
- Use strong packaging tape or a strapping machine to secure parcels,
not domestic adhesive tape, making sure all flaps are securely fastened
- Write all labels clearly (using capitals) and never cover them up with tape or film
- It is a good idea to include both address and sender details inside
your parcel so that even if the outer label becomes detached, APC can
still safely deliver your parcel
APC accepts no liability for this packaging advice, but hopes it will
assist customers to pack items responsibly and securely for their
Click for more
- Q: I’ve received a card telling me I’ve missed a delivery, what do I do now?
- A: Call the number on the ‘We Called’ card to re-arrange delivery or to arrange to collect the parcel from your local depot.
- Q: Can I collect my parcel myself?
- A: If you have received a ‘We Called’ card and you prefer to collect an item, please call your local depot who left the parcel to verify that the item has arrived back there before going to collect it, and to check opening hours. You will need to bring the card they left and one additional form of identification (such as a driving licence or household bill) bearing the address that the item was sent to.
- Q: Can my parcel be delivered to another address?
- A: Items may only be redirected with permission from the sender. For security and contractual reasons we cannot accept redirection instructions from a recipient until the sender has authorised us to do this. If you are expecting to receive an item and want it to be delivered to a different address, please contact the sender who can in turn give us the authority to do this.
- Q: How can I track my parcel?
- A: There are two ways of tracking your parcel. Firstly you can register and obtain an ID and password which will allow you to login to enter the customer area where you can track your parcels. Alternatively for single consignments you use the Track Your Parcel form on the left. Please note that only the person sending the parcel can use these services.
- Q: How do I get a proof of delivery (POD)?
- A: There are two ways of getting a POD. Firstly you can register here and obtain an ID and password which will allow you to login to enter the customer area to see all of your POD’s. Alternatively for single consignments you can use the Track Your Parcel form on the left of this page. If you are having difficulties obtaining your POD using either of the above methods please contact your local depot.
- Q: When will my parcel be delivered?
- A: For deliveries to the majority of the UK we deliver on the next working day after the item was sent (this may vary in some rural locations). When an item is booked with APC, the sender will specify delivery from our range of services. This is normally for delivery by 09:00, 10:00, 12:00 or 16:00 on the next working day (Mon-Fri). Delivery will be attempted between 08.00 and the selected delivery time. We can also deliver by 7:30 am to most major cities (please contact your local depot to check availability and price. A Saturday morning service is available to most areas.
- Q: Is my parcel covered by any Goods In Transit Liability Cover?
- A: Please click here for information about Goods In Transit Liability Cover.
- Q: How can I get information on opening an account?
- A: Fill out our contact form or contact us on 0800 170 1994
- Q: How do I book online?
- A: Once you have opened an account with your local depot they will be able to advise how to use our online service.
- Q: How do I decide which APC depot to use?
- A: APC Overnight operates a network of depots who have exclusivity within their area. You cannot use a depot from a different area except by special arrangement with the local depot, although this can sometimes be arranged if you are an existing customer that has moved address. To find the details of the depot which covers your area, you can use the ‘Find your APC Depot‘ option on the left of this page. Enter your postcode or town name and we will direct you to your depot’s contact page.
- Q: How do I get a quotation?
- Fill out our contact form or contact us on 0800 170 1994
- Q: Is there anything you don’t carry?
- A: Please click here for information on what we carry.
- Q: Where can I find your terms and conditions?
- A: Click here to read our terms and conditions of carriage.
- Q: What are the advantages of registering so I can log in via ’My APC’?
- A: If you are a regular user of APC services you may find it helpful to register so that you can see several PODs at one time, for example all deliveries on a specific day, instead of having to type in the consignment infomation each time you send a job.Logged in users will also be given access to other relevant information from time to time. For example, if you use the APC Customer Connect software, you can download updates from this site.We will never pass your details to a third party.
Need to calculate volume from dimensions? Or convert imperial to metric?
If you need to calculate the volumetric weight of your consignment, click here for our online calculator. Also converts lbs to kg and ft to cms.