Courier Logistics have received information from the APC Network regarding a dedicated NEW SERVICE for the transport of fish and coral from the 1st of Feb that we need to update your company about.
In the interests of the welfare of live fish / live coral and considering Peak 2020 volumes, APC suspended input for the duration of Peak 2020. The input of live fish and live coral resumed from Tuesday 5th January 2021.
We can confirm that the input of live fish/live coral can, if the depot is signed up to the DEFRA code of practice and the APC shipping requirements, resume immediately.
Review of service
APC have taken opportunity to review the carriage of live fish and live coral via our Network and considered how we can better service this niche sector.
APC have spoken with depots and shippers of live fish and live coral, we are pleased to confirm that following our review, we will be launching a new Live Fish / Live Coral Service, which will commence on Monday 1st February 2021.
The Live Fish / Live Coral service features: –
- A unique Live Fish and Live Coral service code ‘LF12’ which will allow for easier package identification and performance analysis.
- All ‘LF’ items will have a Pre 12:00hrs delivery requirement, and be treated as a Premium item from a routing and delivery perspective.
- All ‘LF’ items will need the ‘Security’ check box selected on New Horizon at the point of booking – all LF items will be segregated / handled in the same way as other ‘security’ items
- Despatches will be Tuesday to Thursday only.
Service Restrictions: –
- No offshore or restricted postcode areas will be included in the LF delivery options.
- The delivery depot must be able to offer a pre1200 service to be included in the LF delivery options.
- All live fish and live coral must be sent on the new LF (+ Security) service once introduced.
The NEW LF dedicated service will have it’s own consignment price. For more information please contact Sales@courierlogistics.co.uk.