Updated: March 16th 2020.
In order to protect our customers and drivers from the risk of infection whilst delivering parcels, we are making a temporary change to our signature requirements. These came into effect from Saturday 14th March 2020 and will be in place until further notice.
For Deliveries requiring a Signature at a Business Premises
· Our driver will ask you where you would like the parcel to be placed, whilst maintaining a 2-meter distance from you and your staff (wherever possible).
· Our driver will be sure to explain that because we are taking extra precautions over Coronavirus, we do not require a signature.
· Our driver will ask for the recipient’s surname which will then be entered by the driver as proof of delivery.
For Deliveries to Residential Addresses
· Our driver will place the parcel on your doorstep.
· They will knock the door and step back two metres.
· Our driver will explain that due to extra precautions over Coronavirus, we will not be requiring a signature.
· Our driver will ask for the recipient’s surname which will be then be entered by the driver as proof of delivery.
· If no one answers the door, our driver will leave our usual calling card and return the item to base.
For items that have been sent with specific leave safe instructions in the Special Instruction Field
· Our driver will leave this in a safe place, putting a card through the door stating where the parcel has been left.
· Our driver will take a photograph showing the parcel and surrounding environment to help you to identify its location.
For latest updates, please visit our website https://www.courierlogistics.co.uk