over last month as we come out of lockdown the Pallet Track network has seen unprecedented volumes like never before, possibly as a result of businesses re-opening and restocking, however this is showing no signs of easing at present.
You may be aware that several of the other pallet networks:
- have restricted certain delivery areas such as the south west
- are introducing volume limits for some postcodes
- are suspending next day deliveries and / or economy deliveries for selected postcodes.
Pallet Track have decided these are routes they do not want to take, however with the high volumes continuing, they need to act and have therefore taken the difficult decision that from Monday the 26th April, the following temporary changes will take place:
- The premium deliveries will be suspebded. PT and PS will not be available on any consignment.
- The Saturday delivery window will be extended from 9.00-12.00 to 9.00-17.00, essentially making SA a SATURDAY all day service, not a Saturday AM service. This will, allow delivery depots more flexibility to achieve successful delivery.
- Extend the ECO service to 3 days from the current 2 days. This is an extremely difficult decision to take however provides more flexibility for the delivery depot’s to deliver a better service over this period. An additional day will be added for areas where we already provide a 3/5 day service.
These temporary measures will remain in place until June 9th with an update provided by June 4th.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we work hard to kick start the Country once more along the Governments road map.