A communication was distributed 26th February 2021 reiterating the operational significance of label location on every pallet and use of Thermal Labels on all pallets sent via Pallet-Track. The communication has had little impact; therefore, a Label Audit was recently administered by the Hub(S) and information sent back to each depot in relation to customers not adhering to the procedures.
Thermal labels must be used for all freight manifested and despatched via Pallet-Track. It is imperative labels are positioned correctly to aid the scanning process. Some labels have been found to be too small, printed incorrectly or positioned too high on the pallet causing unnecessary issues for delivery members when scanning.
• Thermal labels must be printed from the Vigo TMS booking portal.
• The number of labels produced must equal the total number of pallets on the consignment.
• One label must be affixed to the flat surface of each pallet in the middle and as close to the pallet base as possible. See the below example.
• Drums or kegs of liquid – One label must be affixed to the cylindrical side of each pallet in the middle and as close to the pallet base as possible
• Irregular shaped consignments – One label must be affixed to an area of the pallet that is clearly visible in the middle and as close to the pallet base as possible
Please ensure all requirements are adopted immediately, failure to do so may lead to pallets being held by the hub and delays.
Thank you for your support in this matter.